Flipped classroom learning symposium
Technology advancements has made a huge impact on human behaviors and way of life. World class universities are evaluating how to use technology to transform how they deliver knowledge to students, increase in-class interactions, advance their problem solving skills, and encourage collaboration between students to promote peer-to-peer learnings.
Today, our speakers* from various departments of HKU spent the morning to share their experiences on transforming and enhancing the traditional way of teaching facing technology advancements. With case studies and statistics, our speakers reflect on how they are using the flipped classroom effectively as enabled by the TeLi team to enhance students’ learning experiences. They also provide tangible takeaways and tips on how teachers can better utilize technology effectively to engage and motivate students.
As part of our knowledge sharing culture, TeLi made this sharing session available to everyone through live and on-demand streaming here, and is accessible from various devices including Android, Iphone, and computers.
- Dr. Lily Zheng, Assistant Professor, Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning
- Ms. Heidy Wong (Assistant Lecturer), Mr. Sam Cole (Senior Lecturer) and Mr. Patrick Desloge (Senior Lecturer), Centre for Applied English Studies
- Dr. Rachel Ka Wai Lui (Lecturer) and Dr. William Man Yin Cheung (Lecturer), Faculty of Science
- Mr. Mathew Pryor, Head of Division of Landscape Architecture, Associate Professor (Teaching), Faculty of Architecture
- Professor Ricky Y.K. Kwok (Associate Vice-President (Teaching & Learning)) and Ms. Andrea Qi (Honorary Lecturer), Faculty of Engineering
- Dr. Ming-Yen Ng, Clinical Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine; Dr. Courtney Fung, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Dr. Michael Botelho, Clinical Associate Professor, Faculty of Dentistry; and Prof. Rick Glofcheski, Professor, Faculty of Law